State Tractor Trucking Inc. is seeking a motivated Level 3 Commercial Truck and Trailer Technician.
Primarily, we are repairing and maintaining a fleet of 150+ Flat bed, Low boy, Step deck and Steerable trailers; as well as a fleet of 20+ tractors.
The greatest portion of our workload will be Preventative Maintenance services, PM follow-up repairs and tire replacement – primarily on our trailer fleet.
Tractor repairs are typically minimal consisting mainly of PM services, routine maintenance such as brake shoes/pads, tire repair/replacement, repairing air leaks, minor lighting/wiring repairs, as well as repairs which are not covered under warranty.
Our trailers are 2 axles minimum; most are 3+ axles; all have dual tires.
We maintain 3, 4 and 6 axle steerable trailers, Jeep attachments, flip axle attachments, powered and mechanical booster attachments, yard trucks, heavy equipment (excavators, hoes, loaders, etc.), as well as various shop equipment (forklifts, compressors, pumps, etc.).
We keep a good stock of tires, as well as most used parts. We keep a healthy selection of specialty items stocked as well.
We have a tire machine in the shop, as well as all tools required for tire/wheel work.
Much of our equipment is outfitted with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, Forward Collision Avoidance systems, Loadmaxx On-Board Scales as well as various hydraulic systems to control the necks and steering of some of the more specialized trailers.
Many of our trailers are “one-off,” and have been designed for very specific functions and load types.
A Level 3 Commercial Truck and Trailer Technician will be self-motivated, hard-working, independent, knowledgeable and possess the following additional skills:
- Can understand and diagnose complex mechanical functions with limited support from vendors/manufacturers.
- Can triage, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of issues on various equipment types.
- Can carry out multiple sets of instructions throughout the workday with minimal supervision.
- Clear understanding of DOT compliance concerning On-Highway vehicles.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety standards and dedication to safety in the workplace.
- Basic computer skills are required. Experience with workload and inventory management software a plus.
- Ability to accurately gauge the lifespan of consumable parts (brake shoes/pads, belts, hoses, tires, etc.).
- Solid working knowledge of hydraulic systems; experience repairing hydraulic lines, pumps, valves, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fleet maintenance:
- Heavy Duty (Tractors/Trailers).
- Medium Duty (box trucks, rollbacks, mobile service vehicle).
- Light duty service vehicles (pickup trucks).
- Shop equipment (forklift, power washer, wheel loader, track loader, Sky Lift, etc.).
- Shop tools (Compressor, fluid pump, pneumatic jack, pneumatic impact, etc.).
M-F 6:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Alternating Saturdays 7:00 AM – 1 PM.
Click Here to Schedule a Call with a Recruiter